Preparing to Sell Your Home
Now that you've made the decision to sell your house, your Coldwell Banker Prime agent will help put your best foot forward when preparing to sell your home. Your agent can walk you through the appraisal, give you tips on staging your home, and advise you on doing renovations or making any necessary repairs. With us as your guide, you'll be armed with the crucial information you need to attract buyers and get the best price possible.
With the high inventory of homes on the market today, home buyers can afford to be choosy. Buyers are looking for the best, so a home for sale can easily slip through the cracks if it's not in pristine condition. Use the 10 tips below to whip your home into shape and wow potential buyers.
- Improve Landscaping - Curb appeal is crucial to a good first impression, so make sure your home's lawn is immaculate. Mow the lawn, prune the bushes, weed the garden and plant flowers.
- Clean the Outside - A sloppy exterior will make buyers think you've slacked off on interior maintenance as well. Be sure to clean the gutters and pressure wash your home's siding.
- Make Repairs - In a buyer's market, you want your home to be in the best condition possible. Take care of major defects like broken windows or a leaky roof that could discourage buyers.
- Make the Front Door Inviting - A fresh coat of paint, especially in a color that contrasts with the home, will make the front door stand out. Replace faded house numbers so buyers can see them from the curb.
- Buy a New Welcome Mat - Let buyers know they're invited into your home.
- Remove Clutter & Depersonalize - Buyers want to envision their belongings in your home. Clean up by renting a storage unit for knickknacks, photos, extra furniture and other personal items.
- Organize Closets & Drawers - Messy closets give the appearance that your home doesn't have enough storage space.
- Make Every Surface Shine - From ceiling fans to floors and everything in between, clean your home until it sparkles.
- Take Color Down a Notch - You might like your lime-green bedroom, but it may sour buyers. Paint your walls a neutral color that will appeal to a wide range of buyers.
- Eliminate Bad Odors - Hide the litter box and spray air neutralizer throughout your home. When showing the home, fill it with inviting smells by putting out fresh flowers and baking a batch of cookies.
Are you preparing to sell your Upstate New York home? Let Coldwell Banker Prime lead the way! Contact us to get started on listing your property today.